Monday, September 8, 2008


What’s the first thing that pops into your head when someone brings up a horse? Probably a pretty animal eating grass in a big field.In this blog I will discuss how the horse industry has grown and what horses are used for today. The disciplines today push horses to do things we never imagined possible. I have had the privilege of taking care of and riding an Olympic level horse “Tumble Dry.” Tumble Dry ran clear around Rolex twice. For those of you who do not know Rolex is an event that is the highest level or Olympic level. He is not a very tall horse just above 15 hands, but he has no trouble clearing over four foot jumps. A horse at such advanced levels requires a lot of maintenance and a lot of trips to the vet. Veterinary technology is just as advanced as our medical world today. My horse broke her leg this fall so I have seen first had what vets can do for horses. It took nine months to get her completely healed, but she is currently just as sound as she was before the accident. I am writing about this simply because I love horses. I love all the breeds and am interested in different disciplines. As I have already described I am very experienced with horses and know first hand what it is like to go to the barn every morning, afternoon, and evening to tend to them. I have done a lot of research and can provide a lot of helpful information.

No comments:


View My Stats